Milestone PSA manages personal information in accordance with the Federal Protection of Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and other applicable laws. This policy outlines the principles and practices we follow in protecting personal information.
SCOPE OF POLICY:
This policy applies to information gathered by Milestone PSA on the website: www.milestonepsa.ca
KEY TERMS DEFINED:
‘Personal information’ means information about an identifiable individual. This includes an individual’s name, email, address and phone number.
Collection of personal information
- Milestone PSA collects only the personal information that we need the purposes of providing client-contracted services.
- Milestone PSA normally collects personal information directly from its clients. We may collect your information from other parties with your consent or as authorized by law.
- Milestone PSA informs its clients, before or at the time of collecting personal information, of the purposes for which it is collecting the information.
- Milestone PSA assumes that consent is provided to continue to use previously collected information for the purpose for which the information was collected. These purposes may include the delivery of requested services or the communication of information such as newsletter updates.
- An individual may withdraw their consent to use and disclose personal information at any time, unless the personal information is necessary for Milestone PSA to fulfill its legal obligations.
Use and disclosure of Personal Information
- Milestone PSA does not disclose any personal information. Milestone PSA also does not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose mailing lists.
- Milestone PSA makes every reasonable effort to ensure that personal information is accurate and complete. Milestone PSA relies on individuals to notify us if there is a change to their personal information that may affect their relationship with our company. Anyone that is aware of an error in Milestone PSA’s information should contact Milestone PSA and request a correction. Milestone PSA will respond to this request within 30 calendar days, unless an extension is granted.
- Milestone PSA protects personal information in a manner that is appropriate given the sensitivity of the information involved. Milestone PSA will make every reasonable effort possible to prevent any loss, misuse, disclosure or modification of personal information, as well as any unauthorized access to personal information.
- Milestone PSA uses appropriate security measures when destroying personal information, including shredding paper records and permanently deleting electronic records.
- Milestone PSA retains personal information for as long as is reasonable to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, or for legal or business purposes.
Access to Records Containing Personal Information
- Individuals have a right to access their own personal information in a record that is in the custody or under the control of Milestone PSA, subject to some exceptions. If Milestone PSA refuses a request in whole or in part, we will provide the reasons for that refusal. In some cases where exceptions to access apply, Milestone PSA may withhold specific information but provide access to the remainder of the record request.
- Requests for access to personal information may be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must include sufficient information to allow Milestone PSA to identify the information that is being sought.
- Individuals may request information about Milestone PSA’s use of their personal information and what information has been disclosed to persons outside of Milestone PSA. In addition, individuals may request a correction of an error or omission in personal information.
- The President is responsible for the protection of personal information at Milestone PSA.
Questions and Complaints
Questions or concerns about any collection, use or disclosure of personal information by Milestone PSA, or requests for access to an individual’s personal information, should be forwarded to the President: email@example.com